Good news and bad news:
- Good: I’ve made significant progress on the new release of Hex Map (color your own hexes/squares, whoo!)
- Bad (maybe): The new features will appear in a new not-free app.
I’m going to keep Hex Map free, and probably add a few features here and there over time, but it’s time to introduce the “pro” version. Well not quite time–I have to finish it, but you know what I mean.
What will differentiate the pro version from the free version? Some combination of the following:
- Multiple saves: keep any number of maps on your iDevice.
- Customize maps: initially this means the ability to color hexes/squares; later probably change the background images and drawing.
- More token features: more shapes, more text options, flippable tokens early on; later maybe upload your own images.
As more feature get added to the pro version, I’ll probably replace the free version with a limited version of the latest pro app. The idea being that the free version should always be cool, fun, and useful, but the pro version will be a compelling upgrade.
I’ll probably be late February at the earliest before the pro version is ready. Quite a bit of work remains, but lots of testing. This will essentially be the end of the Beta test period and I don’t want any one-star reviews because of crashes.
Here’s a screenshot of the work in progress.